Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VIVA MEXICO

Mexican fashion sensation Marvin y Quetzal bring about the beauty of the supernatural in their fall 2009 line. To be quite honest I wasn’t aware of the thriving fashion industry right beneath Americas metaphorical nose. Marvin y Quetzal are just one example of the numerous indigenous design houses revolutionizing the way the world views Mexican fashion through conceptual construction and a commercially friendly market. After wondering what else I’ve missed in Mexico I started looking around at other design houses such as Carlos Temores and Dalia Perlasca where I quickly realized color coordination rules over fun flowy chic designs, very much reminiscent of 1970’s Spanish fashion. Living in Florida, in hot, humid, sticky, muggy, Florida I can appreciate the elegance of a well made weather appropriate garment, grasias Mexico!






No comments:

Post a Comment